WELLNESS PROGRAMS & INCENTIVES
WELLNESS PROGRAMS & INCENTIVES
Olympic Steel is committed to you and your well-being. We offer programs and incentives designed to help you on your way to improving or maintaining your health.
WellPerks & Healthy Day Off
2020 Wellness Program Incentive Policy
By completing an annual physical in 2020 by September 30, 2020, you will receive your incentive as a single lump-sum payment during the fourth quarter of 2020 for the 2020 plan year.
- Single coverage payment: $550
- Dependent Coverage: $1,100 (Only if both you and your spouse complete a physical)
How does it work?
- You (and your spouse, if applicable) must download the Exam Certification form.
- Once completed, upload your Exam Certification form to your incentive tracker at http://www.guidanceresources.com by September 30, 2020. Your spouse must upload their own form; you cannot upload the form on their behalf.
- You must be active during the incentive period in order to earn your payout. Changes in eligibility status may result in a pro-rated payout (i.e., entering or exiting the health care plan due to marriage, divorce, etc.)
- If you are hired September 1, 2020 or later, you will be grandfathered into the incentive for 2020 and receive a pro-rated amount based on months of eligible employment.
- If you terminate employment prior to the payout date, you will not receive the incentive.
- Your incentive lump sum is categorized as “add to net” pre-tax dollars.
- After payouts have been made for 2020, for concerns that require an appeal (i.e., medical coding), a 2-week grace period in November will allow for adjustments.
Another advantage of WellPerks… Healthy Day Off !
Take a PAID day off from work to get your annual physical
We understand your time is valuable so for 2020 we are giving employees a Healthy Day Off. You’ll get a full work day off with pay to complete your annual visit. This paid day off is only reserved for the same day as you have your physical. To take advantage of the Healthy Day Off benefit you must have your doctor’s appointment completed by September 30, 2020 and follow the steps outlined below.
Step 1: Submit a Time Off Request Form to your supervisor and check the “Physical” box.
Step 2: Submit the Time Off Request Form to your supervisor at least 30 days prior to your preventive exam appointment.
Step 3: During the exam visit, your doctor must complete the Exam Certification Form and also provide you a doctor’s note which includes the date, reason for visit and their signature or stamp.
Step 4: Submit the doctor’s note to your supervisor or Corporate Human Resources. If submitted to Human Resources by Tuesday at 10 am, the paid day off will be included in the next pay cycle.
Step 5: Login to Guidance Resources at www.guidanceresources.com and upload your completed Exam Certification Form.
Real Appeal is a simple, step-by-step program designed to help you get on the fast track to lasting weight loss. And it is FREE! To participate, you must be an employee who is enrolled in a UHC medical plan and have a body mass index (BMI) of 23 or higher. The program comes with the Real Appeal Success Kit, stuffed with everything you need to put you on the road to results. The kit includes program guides, workout DVDs, recipes and tools for healthy cooking.
Most importantly you will have access to a Real Appeal Transformation Coach. Your coach will personalize the program just for you and takes into account your schedule, your needs and your goals. You will receive live, face-to-face coaching through the Real Appeal website or mobile app, whenever it is convenient for you. You have access to your coach for an entire year and over this time your coach will provide the support and motivation to help you achieve your weight loss goals.
Real Appeal members who attended 4 or more virtual sessions during the program lost 10lbs on average!
Join Real Appeal for free at enroll.real.appeal.com
For the best experience, access Real Appeal from your own device. Once you have completed the program you may be eligible to participate for another year.
*Talk to your doctor before starting any weight loss program.